ATYA (Asian Alliance of Theatre Festivals for Young Audiences) is an open network which was founded in order to develop TYA in Asia and promote it to the world through festivals. It started as ACTA (Asian Children's Theatre Alliance) in Okinawa in November 2004 by 4 festivals in Taipei, Shanghai, Seoul and Okinawa.
Since 2007, the partnership structure to organise the festivals around the same period of the year and produce a synergistic effect by sharing programmes and co-hosting projects has started. Currently ATYA has 12 members mainly in East Asia. As the network expands, the role of ATYA as a network to connect festivals and artists has become more and more important.
At the ATYA Meeting in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, in March 2013, ricca ricca*festa was selected as the Chair Festival of ATYA. Since then ATYA welcomed new members from China, Singapore and Philippines and has continued to develop and contribute to the TYA in Asia.
ATYA website: atyafests.net
- To promote international theatre festivals for children and young people in Asia.
- To strengthen the network between member festivals and improve the quality of TYA in Asia by supporting the artist exchange.
- To contribute to the TYA of the world by developing the TYA in Asia.
- To promote the uniqueness of Asian cultures by introducing TYA of Asia.
- To recognise the importance of next-generation artists in Asia and establish the base of their activities.
- To create, manage and share the Asian artist database and encourage the artist exchange.
ATYA MEMBERS (AS OF MARCH 2016)
- ricca ricca*festa (Okinawa, JAPAN)
- ASSITEJ Korea Festivals (Seoul, KOREA)
- Festival PUM (Hwaseong, KOREA)
- Kaohsiung Children's Art Education Festival (Kaohsiung, TAIWAN)
- Gimcheon International Family Theater Festival (Gimcheon, KOREA)
- China Association of Performing Arts, Children's Performing Arts Committee (Beijing, CHINA)
- Shanghai International Children Theatre Festival (Shanghai, CHINA)
- Ming Ri Institute for Arts Education (HONG KONG)
- Shenzhen Little Orange Castle Cultural Communications Limited (Shenzhen, CHINA)
- ACE! Festival (SINGAPORE)
- PETA: Philippines Educational Theater Association (Manila, PHILIPPINES)
- the A.S.K. -Arts Space for Kids- (Shanghai, CHINA)